Saturday, October 11, 2008

Minivan Trade Up Update


Ok, it has been a while since my last update but things are definitely still moving forward. We are working on trade number #7 and have a very nice package of items in trade number 6 waiting for someone to make an offer on, thanks suburban scrawl for offering such great things!

I have been getting more and more people following my progress on the Minivan Trade Up website as well as over on facebook where we are getting close to 150 people who are now members of the Great Minivan Trade Up Group!

I am asking all of my readers to consider joining the facebook group as well as subscriing to the feed over at the blog site for the trade up. I still plan on using Dad of Divas as a conduit to share information for those of you who do not subscribe or join the facebook group.

I am also asking everyone to share the Great Minivan Trade Up with their friends, family, acquaintances, etc. As I continue to say, the more people that I have connected to this group, the more fun we all can have and the closer that I can get toward the goal.

Speaking of goals, I have been thinking that I should expand my horizins to consider other models of minivans...what are your thoughts? I would definitely put down the Honda Odyssey, but might even consider the ChryslerTown and Country (the newer design). I would be interested in hearing your feedback on this...

I have been having people contact me to say that they might be interested in trading something, but they have been waiting for the next trade up, so if you have an item (or items) or a service that you would like to rtade up that is worth something near $270.00 which is the combined value of all items , please contact me as I would love to talk with you about this as I am committed to working on this until I meet my goal (I am persistent!).

If you have other ideas that could help this get even more publicity and more people interested, please let me know. As mentioned before I did get front page coverage in a local paper, but that was pretty much it. I had been contacted by a local TV Station, but they are waiting until we have moved a bit closer to the goal.... so again we have to move forward with the trading (it always comes back to this).

So now comes the fun part, as I have explained in earlier posts, it’s time for trade up #7. If you would like to own the items in this trade, all you have to do is trade up for the items. What do you have that can get me closer to my goal? I hope you all will get in on the fun and look forward to seeing what our next trade up will bring!

So again, the trading continues…what can you trade up? Please send all offers to: dadofdivas@gmail.com

Look forward to working on this project with you - and to your comments!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New to the The Great Minivan Trade Up?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing you back here again!

1 comment:

Golden Paperclip said...

Was wondering how it is going with your trading. I am in Kansas City doing a similar project trying to trade up from a paperclip to an SUV. I have made it to a go kart which is pretty cool but still have a long way to go- this trading thing is harder than I thought. Good luck on your trading! jason@goldenpaperclip.com